Coconut oil has been used for many years and the list of benefits and uses is almost unending. Here are some great ways to use it in your daily life.
For the Face:
- dark circles under eyes
- makeup remover
- sun spots
- lip balm (has SPF) – dry, cracked lips. Combine with lavendar and frankincense essential oils, found here.
- cold sores
- dry nostrils
For the Body:
- bruise healing
- ringworm or fungal infections – athlete’s foot
- skin moisturizer-especially dry heels & elbows
- use as a soap base with water and lye
- face/ body scrub – melt first, then allow to cool & add sugar for exfolliant
- shave cream
- bath oil
- deoterant base (add 3-4 T coconut oil and 1 T cornstarch)
- de-frizz hair
- arthritis joint pain – add peppermint oil
- soothe fly bites or bee stings – add Young Living pure lavendar essential oil to take the sting away and promote healing. Order Young Living products HERE.
- wound healing/care – add honey
- sore throat
- dry, hacking cough – swallow 1 teaspoon
- DIY vapor rub- add peppermint oil or RC oil. Order HERE.
- food poisoning relief- OJ + 3 T coconut oil
Around the House
- grease pans – this works very well for muffins!!
- prevent tupperware stains
- extend egg life
- season cast iron pans
- removes rust – let sit for 2 hours then wipe clean
- insect repellant
- diaper cream
- wood or metal polish
- soap scum
- cleans ink
- toothpaste or healthy mouth morning rinse- add Young Living peppermint oil. Order Young Living products HERE. Read more about coconut oil pulling.
- use to clean retainer
- My favorite chocolate treats: 2 packs of Enjoy Life Dairy Free chocolate chips/chunks, 2 T coconut oil, 1 t pink sea salt. Melt in double boiler. spoon into candy wrappers (like Reeces cup). add almond butter or gummy bears (my favorite). top with more chocolate. place in fridge to harden and enjoy!
- Coconut Fat Bombs:2.6 oz coconut butter, softened, 2.6 oz coconut oil, .8 oz finely shredded coconut, 1 t granulated sweetener. Mix. Pour into candy wrappers (like Reeces cup). Refrigerate 10 minutes.